What Are YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts are exactly what they sound like – short videos, up to 60 seconds in length. They’re perfect for quick snippets or if you just don’t have the time (or attention span) to watch a longer video. You can upload them directly to YouTube or create them using the YouTube Shorts app. How to upload YouTube shorts? Let’s find out!
YouTube Shorts App
The YouTube Shorts app is available on Android and iOS devices. It allows you to create short videos using just your phone. You can film directly in the app or upload videos from your camera roll. Once you’ve created your video, you can add effects, filters, music, and more.
When you’re finished, simply hit publish, and your video will be uploaded to YouTube!
How to Upload YouTube Shorts From Your Computer
You don’t need to use YouTube’s short video creation tools in order to upload a short video. If you want to upload one from your computer:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- Click CREATE > UPLOAD VIDEOS in the top-right corner.
- Choose a short video file.
- You can include #shorts in the title or description to help YouTube algorithm find your video.
- You may select up to 15 short videos at a time, but be careful when clicking EDIT DRAFT because your video information needs to be completed before you publish.
Now you know how to upload YouTube Shorts from your computer!
How to Upload YouTube Shorts From Your Android Device
Now, let’s explain how to upload YouTube shorts from your Android:
- First, you need to download the YouTube app from the store.
- Open the YouTube app and sign in.
- Click CREATE > CREATE A SHORT.
- You can change the maximum length of your short from 15 to 60 seconds.
- To record a clip, tap the camera icon.
- Tap and hold to record a clip, then release to stop.
- You can also tap the screen to focus your camera before you start recording.
- If you don’t like your clip, you can tap the trashcan icon to delete it and start over.
- Once you’re happy with your clips, tap NEXT.
- You can choose music for your short from the YouTube music library, or you can add your own music.
- Add details to your video, including the title, video privacy setting, and audience.
- When you’re finished, tap UPLOAD.
You’ve successfully uploaded a YouTube Short from your Android device!
How to Upload YouTube Shorts From Your iPhone Device
The process for uploading YouTube Shorts from your iPhone is similar to that of Android. You might need to use a different app, depending on your phone. The rest of the steps are the same.
YouTube Shorts: Length, Aspect Ratio, Etc.
As we mentioned before, YouTube Shorts can be up to 60 seconds in length. They can also be any aspect ratio, although most people seem to be using a square or vertical format.
Make sure that you have rights to any music that you use in your short. YouTube’s music library has a lot of options that you can use for free, as long as you give credit to the artist.
Don’t upload content that isn’t yours. YouTube is strict about copyright, and you could get in trouble if you used someone else’s content without permission.
And that’s everything you need to know about how to upload YouTube shorts! We hope this guide was helpful.