The Reading List on Mac
The Reading List feature on Mac is a great way to save websites and articles to read later. When you come across an article or website that you want to read but don’t have time for at the moment, you can add it to your reading list. Later, when you’re ready to read it, simply open the Reading List tab in Safari and all of your saved articles will be there waiting for you. You can even sync your Reading List between your Mac and iOS devices so that you can pick up where you left off no matter which device you’re using.
However, there may come a time when you no longer need a reading list. Maybe you’ve read all the articles on your list, or maybe you just don’t use the feature anymore. If that’s the case, here’s how to delete a reading list on Mac.
How to Remove Items From Safari’s Reading List?
Clearing items out of your reading list is a pretty straightforward process. Just follow these steps:
- Open Safari on your Mac.
- In the task bar, click the Reading List tab at the top of the sidebar if it isn’t already displaying.
- If you want to delete a web page from your Reading List, use the trackpad to swipe left on the page with two fingers.
- Click the red Remove button that appears. You can also right-click (control-click) on the page and select Remove Item from the dropdown menu.
How to Delete a Reading List on Mac? Safari’s Reading List
It’s easy to add websites to Safari’s Reading List on Mac, but you may want to delete them. If you’ve created a reading list and decide you no longer want it, here’s how to delete it.
So, how to delete a reading list on a Mac? The process of deleting all websites from your reading list is straightforward, and the first two steps are similar to deleting an item. So, how to delete a reading list on Mac?
- In Safari, click the Sidebar button in the toolbar.
- Then, click the Reading List icon. All you have to do next is clear all items.
- To clear all items from your reading list, right-click (control-click) any item in the list, then select “Clear All Items” from the dropdown menu.
- Now, you can confirm your new settings. Select the OK button in the confirmation dialog that appears. Selecting the Clear option will confirm your modifications.
Remember that any changes you make to your reading list on one device are instantly reflected on all other devices signed in to your Apple account, since it’s synced over iCloud by default, unless your synchronization is turned off. If you’re not seeing the changes on all your devices, open System Preferences and make sure iCloud is enabled, then click Options next to iCloud and ensure that the Reading List option is checked.
These are the simple steps to learn if you want to know how to delete a reading list on Mac. If you later decide you want to add items back to your reading list, open Safari and browse the web like usual. When you find a website or article you want to save, click the Share button in the toolbar and select Add to Reading List. The website will be added to your reading list and synced across all your devices.
It can be useful to know how to delete a reading list on a Mac if you no longer need it. Maybe you’ve created a reading list and don’t want to keep the items in it anymore. Deleting a reading list is also a way to clear all items from it. Doing so can be helpful if you want to declutter your Safari browser or if you’re having trouble keeping track of all the websites you’ve added.
- A Guide to Cleaning Cache and Cookies: How to Clear Cache on an iPad
- How to Delete Bookmarks on Mac: Safari, Firefox and Chrome Browsers
- How to Bookmark on Mac? Adding a Bookmark in Safari
- How to Delete Downloads on Mac: Deleting Files in the Downloads Folder
- How to Delete History on a Chromebook? Easy Instructions