How to Delete Bookmarks on Mac? The General Answer
No matter which browser you’re using, the process for how to delete bookmarks on Mac is more or less the same. You’ll need to open the browser and find the Bookmarks section in the menu. Once you’ve opened the list of all your bookmarks, you can control-click on the ones you want to delete and select the “Delete” option.
Now, there are slight differences in removing bookmarks on Mac depending on which browser you’re using. We’ll go over those details next.
How to Delete Bookmarks in Safari
If you use Safari as your primary browser, here’s how to delete bookmarks on Mac. It’s quick and straightforward if you want to remove the bookmarks one by one.
- Open Safari and click on the Sidebar button in the toolbar.
- Select “Bookmarks” to view all your bookmarks.
- Find the bookmark or folder you want to delete and control-click on it.
- Click “Delete” to remove the bookmark from Safari.
What if you want to remove all bookmarks at once? Again, you need to open the Bookmarks sidebar. If there’s a Bookmarks tab at the top of the screen, click that and choose “Show Bookmarks.” Once you’re there, you may need to click on the arrow next to a folder to show its contents. Click and drag over all the bookmarks and press Backspace. That’s it!
How to Remove Bookmarks in Firefox
Here’s how to delete bookmarks on Mac if you use Firefox as your browser. The process is similar to Safari, but there are a few key differences.
- Open Firefox and click on the “Bookmarks” menu.
- Select “Show All Bookmarks.” A Library window will open up with all your bookmarks.
- Click on “Bookmarks Menu” and find the bookmark you want to remove. You can also find it by opening up the folders in the left sidebar.
- Once you’ve found the bookmark, control-click on it and select “Delete.” You can also delete multiple bookmarks at once by selecting them and pressing Backspace.
As you can see, deleting a bookmark on a Macbook is pretty easy no matter which web browser you’re using. So go ahead and get rid of those bookmarks you no longer need!
How to Delete Bookmarks in Google Chrome
Google Chrome is another popular browser for Mac users. If you’re wondering how to delete bookmarks in Chrome, the process is similar to Safari and Firefox.
- Open up Chrome and click on the “Bookmarks” menu.
- Select “Bookmark Manager” to open up the Bookmarks window.
- Find the bookmark you want to delete and click on the three dots next to it.
- Select “Delete” from the drop-down menu.
You can select multiple bookmarks at once by clicking on the first one, holding Shift and clicking on the last one. Once you’ve highlighted a few bookmarks, you’ll see the “Delete” button in the top right corner of the page. Use it to delete them in bulk.
Is There a Shortcut for Deleting All Bookmarks?
Unfortunately, there’s no shortcut for deleting all bookmarks on Mac. You’ll need to go into the Bookmarks section of your browser and select them all before clicking “Delete.” It’s still quick and easy, but there’s no way to do it with one click.
Is There a Way to Find Duplicate Bookmarks?
There are browser extensions that can help you find duplicate bookmarks. For example, the One Bookmark extension for Safari and Chrome will scan your bookmarks and highlight any duplicates it finds. That way, you can delete them quickly and easily.
How Much Space Do Bookmarks Take Up?
Bookmarks don’t take up much space on your hard drive. In fact, a single bookmark is usually only a few hundred bytes. So unless you have thousands of bookmarks, they’re not likely to take up much space on your Mac. Removing them won’t help you free up space on your hard drive.
How Many Bookmarks Can You Keep?
There’s no limit to how many bookmarks you can keep on your Mac. However, if you have too many bookmarks, it can be difficult to find the ones you need. That’s why it’s a good idea to periodically go through your bookmarks and delete the ones you no longer need.
There you have it! Now you know how to delete bookmarks on Mac, no matter which browser you’re using. So go ahead and get rid of those bookmarks you no longer need. And if you ever have any trouble, just remember: control-click and select “Delete.” It’s that easy! Happy bookmarking!