Facebook Comments: How to Delete Them?
Facebook is a social networking site that allows its users to connect with family and friends, as well as make new friends. One of the features of Facebook is the ability to post comments on other people’s posts.
However, sometimes users may want to delete a comment for various reasons. Maybe the comment was made in haste and the person later regretted it. Or maybe the comment was inflammatory or rude and the individual wants to remove it before it causes more trouble. Whatever the reason, deleting a comment is a fairly simple process. So, how to delete a comment on Facebook?
How to Delete a Comment on Facebook?
Sometimes we all say things we shouldn’t on social media. But deleting a Facebook comment is easy – so there’s no need to worry! If you want to learn how to delete a comment on Facebook, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Find the comment you want to delete. This can be done by scrolling through your recent activity or finding the post in which the comment was made.
- Step 2: Find the three dots on the right side of the comment which you want to delete.
- Step 3: Click the three dots, and a drop-down menu with two options (“Delete” and “Edit”) will pop up.
- Step 4: From the drop-down menu, select “Delete.”
- Step 5: A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete the comment. Click “Delete” again to confirm.
That’s it! The comment will now be deleted from the post. Please note that once a comment is deleted, it cannot be recovered. So if you delete a comment accidentally, you will not be able to get it back.
How to Delete a Comment on Facebook on Your Smartphone?
How to delete a comment on Facebook on your smartphone? If you’re using your smartphone, the process is similar to the one described above.
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app on your smartphone and log in.
- Step 2: Find the post in which you made the comment that you want to delete.
- Step 3: Hold the comment down with your finger until a pop-up menu appears.
- Step 4: From the pop-up menu, select “Delete.”
- Step 5: A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm that you want to delete the comment. Tap “Delete” again to confirm.
Can You Delete Someone Else’s Comment on Facebook?
If you are the admin of a Facebook page, you can delete any comments made on the page, regardless of who made them. So, how to delete a comment on Facebook that’s not yours?
If you are not the admin of a page, you can only delete comments that you have made yourself. You cannot delete someone else’s comment, even if it is on your own personal profile.
If you see a comment on Facebook that you feel violates the site’s terms of service, you can report it to Facebook for review.
Facebook has strict rules about what kind of content is allowed on the site. In general, anything that is hateful, abusive, threatening, or spam is not allowed. If you see a comment that violates Facebook’s rules, you can report it by clicking the “X” in the upper-right corner of the comment. Once a comment has been reported, Facebook will review it and decide whether to delete it. In some cases, Facebook may also remove the entire post if it contains multiple violating comments.
Can You Delete Someone’s Comment on Facebook on Something You Posted?
How to delete a comment on Facebook that’s not yours, but it’s on something you posted? In case you created a post on your personal profile and someone else left a comment on it that you want to delete, you can do so by following the steps above. However, if the comment is on a public page or group, then only an administrator of that page or group will be able to delete it.